For questions or concerns regarding your appointment, call the Clinch Valley Physician Practices Appointment Hotline at 800-424-DOCS (3627).
About Your Visit
To make the most of your appointment, follow these helpful tips:
- Ask away: Write down any questions you may have prior to your visit. There are no bad questions when it comes to your health, so ask away.
- Gather your information: As an active partner in your health care, you play a very important role. Bring a list of the medicines you are taking, including names and the doses. For complex health needs, consider creating a medical history binder and include evaluations from other physicians.
- Bring someone with you: It's helpful to have an extra set of hands and ears when hearing new medical information, so if possible, bring another adult with you to the appointment. If we can help you in any way, please let us know.
- Arrive Early: Traffic and parking often take longer than you may expect. Also, allow 10 to 15 minutes for the check-in process. Delays do happen, so be prepared. Bring a favorite book to help make the time go by more quickly. If you have to wait for your doctor because of an unexpected emergency or on a very busy day, remember that you will receive the same immediate care if you're in a similar situation.
- Make the most of your appointment: Ask questions while meeting with your doctor. Also, remember to ask for any instructions from the doctor or letters of medical necessities that you may need.
- After the appointment: As soon as you're done meeting with the doctor and nurse, take a few moments to write down some notes about what just happened during the visit; also write down any other questions you have and important phone numbers to call, such as the clinic's nursing line, prescription refill line and appointment line. When possible, make your follow-up appointment before you leave and write down new appointment dates