Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information
Our hospital is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers and visitors. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking the necessary steps to ensure we are fully prepared to care for patients, in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in partnership with our local and state health departments.
Below are a number of resources to help educate you and your family on COVID-19. For more information on the virus, please contact the health department.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Cumberland Plateau Health District Tazewell County Health Department
- Virginia Department of Emergency Management
- Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association
- Traveler Information
Remembering the following tips can help prevent respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or 60% alcohol based hand sanitizer
- If you are washing with soap and water you should do so for at least 20 seconds, which is about the time it takes to sing the “happy birthday” song twice be sure to rub your palms, between your fingers, the finger tips, backs of hands.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth especially with unwashed hands.
Try to avoid crowds if possible, if not avoid close contact with people who are coughing, sneezing or are sick.
Clean objects and surfaces that are frequently touched with disinfectant. (shopping buggies, door knobs, remote controls, commode handles)
If you are coughing or sneezing always cover your mouth and nose area with your elbow or a tissue. Dispose of the tissue in the trash and wash your hands as soon as possible
Coughing or sneezing into your hands can spreading viruses.
Stay home if you are sick
If you need to see your doctor, let them know you are having respiratory symptoms ( cough, sneezing, or shortness of breath) with or without fever, when you call.